Call For An Appointment:
WHAT IS FLOATING
Flotation therapy can provide the deepest levels of relaxation, healing, and tranquility you may ever experience. During your treatment time, you’ll enter into a peaceful space of anti-gravity and anti-stress. Your body will be suspended in warm mineral water that not only provides a soothing calm for your mind, but an all-natural healing environment for the body.
HOW IT WORKS
A typical float session lasts 60 minutes. The body floats in water at body temperature, saturated with therapeutic Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate). The magnesium sulfate-infused water not only provides you with needed key nutrients, it also detoxifies the body, sedates the nervous system, and creates a level of weightlessness. These components allow the body to relax and regenerate itself. The spine decompresses, pressure is taken off bones and joints, swelling is reduced, immune function is improved, and blood flow increases, helping your muscle tissues repair and expedite overall healing. It has been stated that one hour in a floating pool is as restorative as four hours of deep sleep and equivalent to a three-day detoxification.
Floating also minimizes sensory input into the brain and lowers brain waves, creating patterns experienced during deep meditation. As a result, this initiates a profound surge of positive mental and physical effects by producing beneficial neurochemicals. Endorphins, neurotransmitters of happiness, are released. Serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical, increases, and the production of the body’s own opiates are stimulated. In addition to this, cortisol, blood pressure, heart rate, adrenaline, and lactic acid levels decrease. These powerful natural painkillers and mood enhancers promote a sense of well-being and further enhance the body’s ability to heal itself.
Being in this gravity-free environment gives the body a chance to go into a deep state of relaxation and leaves a surplus of energy and processing power at our disposal. We use a large portion of our mental and physical resources counteracting the forces of gravity. When relieved of this effort, our minds are more clear, our focus is sharpened, and our learning capacity is heightened. When left with this abundance, our bodies rest faster, healing is enhanced, and our minds are open for expansion. Simply put, float tanks are possibly the most beneficial environment you could put yourself into to induce overall healing and renewal for your body, mind, and spirit.
Beyond stress reduction, there is a long list of therapeutic benefits including reduced symptoms of ailments such as asthma, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, migraines, tension headaches, fibromyalgia, insomnia, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Pain management
- Stress reduction
- Anxiety, depression, and fear
- Enhanced healing and injury recovery
- Fatigue reduction
- Athletic recovery
- Enhanced creativity
- Mental clarity and alertness
- Insomnia relief
- Increased motivation and focus
- Reduce inflammation
- High blood pressure
The floating experience is proven to bring about relaxation and focused attention because it provides:
- Sensory deprivation. You can concentrate on yourself.
- Deep relaxation. This promotes more positive thoughts and attitudes.
- Chemical changes. Hormones released into your body favor clear thinking, improved memory, and enhanced problem-solving abilities.
- Heightened suggestibility. In your theta state, the mind is open to non-critical acceptance of large amounts of information.
- Hemispheric cooperation. Research shows that floating increases access to the right hemisphere of your brain and results in synchronization between the left and right hemispheres.
- Clarity and improved focus. Flotation therapy allows an absence of worldly distractions.
Sound good? Call today to book your flotation therapy session with Radiance Day Spa!