Call For An Appointment:
How can floating in a pool of water provide so many therapeutic benefits? It all works on the deepest levels in your brain.
How Flotation Therapy Works
Eases Tension in The Body
A typical float session lasts 60 minutes. The body floats in water at body temperature, saturated with therapeutic Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate). The magnesium-sulfate-infused water not only provides you with needed key nutrients, but it also detoxifies the body, sedates the nervous system, and creates a level
These components allow the body to relax and regenerate itself. The spine decompresses, pressure is taken off bones and joints, swelling is reduced, immune function is improved, and blood flow increases, helping your muscle tissues repair and expedite overall healing.
It has been stated that one hour in a floating pool is as restorative as four hours of deep sleep and equivalent to a three-day detoxification.
Stimulates Low Brain Wave Patterns
Floating also minimizes sensory input into the brain and lowers brain waves, creating the same types of patterns as those experienced during deep meditation. This initiates a profound surge of positive mental and physical effects by producing beneficial neurochemicals. Endorphins, neurotransmitters of happiness, are released. Serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical, increases, and the production of the body’s own opiates are stimulated. Additionally, cortisol, blood pressure, heart rate, adrenaline, and lactic acid levels decrease.
In all, flotation therapy stimulates your body’s powerful natural painkillers and mood enhancers to promote a sense of well-being and further enhance the body’s ability to heal itself.
Promotes Total Relaxation
Being in this gravity-free environment gives the body a chance to go into a deep state of relaxation and leaves a surplus of energy and processing power at our disposal. We use a large portion of our mental and physical resources counteracting the forces of gravity. When relieved of this effort, our minds are more clear, our focus is sharpened, and our learning capacity is heightened. When left with this abundance, our bodies rest faster, healing is enhanced, and our minds are open for expansion.
Simply put, float tanks are possibly the most beneficial environment you could put yourself into to induce overall healing and renewal for your body, mind, and spirit.
Focuses Your Attention
The floating experience is proven to bring about relaxation and focused attention because it provides:
- Sensory Deprivation. You can concentrate on yourself.
- Deep relaxation. This promotes more positive thoughts and attitudes.
- Chemical changes. Hormones released into your body favor clear thinking, improved memory, and enhanced problem-solving abilities.
- Heightened suggestibility. In your theta state, the mind is open to non-critical acceptance of large amounts of information.
- Hemispheric cooperation. Research shows that floating increases access to the right hemisphere of your brain and results in synchronization between the left and right hemispheres.
- Clarity and improved focus. Flotation therapy allows an absence of worldly distractions.
Flotation Therapy Can Help With a Range of Ailments
- Pain management
- Stress reduction
- Anxiety, depression, and fear
- Enhanced healing and injury recovery
- Fatigue reduction
- Athletic recovery
- Enhanced creativity
- Mental clarity and alertness
- Insomnia relief
- Increased motivation and focus
- Reduce inflammation
- High blood pressure
Sound good? Contact us today to book your flotation therapy session with Radiance Day Spa!