Call For An Appointment:
Before You Float
Tips to get your mind and body ready for a visit to our float spa. Preparation will allow you to get the most out of your float session.
- Everything you will need will be provided for your float session. You do not need a swimsuit as we prefer you to float in the nude. If you’re getting a massage or wish to use spa amenities during your visit, a locker, robe, and slippers will be provided for you.
- If you’re pregnant, we ask that you get approval from your physician prior to entering a float pool.
- Avoid alcohol and any stimulants like caffeine prior to entering the float cabin.
- Eat a light snack before your float but do not eat anything beyond that. You do not want to be hungry or feel your stomach during your float.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing. Bring anything you will need to get ready for your day after your float session.
- Give yourself plenty of time before and after your appointment, as well as time to enjoy the meditation room and other available lounge amenities, in order to maximize the benefits of your float session.
- You can resume your regular daily activities after your session. However, allow yourself some time to relax and enjoy your post-float feeling and to assimilate back into your daily routine.
- Do not shave on the day before you float or at least two to four hours before your float as the salt water may sting freshly shaved skin.
- Remove contact lenses.
- DO NOT float within 72 hours of an artificial tan or hair color.
- Make sure to use the restroom prior to your float even if you do not feel the need. You do not want that distraction during your float session.
- You will be required to shower before and after your float session.
- For a more comfortable float, we encourage you to wear the provided earplugs while you float. Please be sure to put them in prior to your first shower and make sure they are appropriately positioned in the ears.
- Please be sure to shampoo hair thoroughly and shower before entering the float pool to remove any body oils. Hair conditioner is NOT permitted during your first shower. Skip heavy makeup or lotions on the day before your float session.
- Remember, you are entering salt water that may irritate your eyes, sensitive areas, and broken skin. Use the Vaseline provided for these areas on your skin.
- Dry your face thoroughly after your initial shower to avoid water dripping down your face in the float cabin. This may result in potential salt water in your eye due to scratching your face. Be sure to hang a washcloth inside the float cabin to dry your face if needed during your float.
- Use the spray bottle provided to rinse your eyes if salt water does get in them.
- Enter the float cabin water as gently as possible to minimize waves and splashing.
- Experiment with arm positions after laying down to find what is comfortable for you. Arms at your side or above your head are two common and comfortable positions. A neck pillow is inside of each float cabin to relieve any neck tension you may experience. Floating on your stomach is not permitted.
- Make sure your movement inside the cabin is minimal as it will cause undesired bumping against the cabin walls and take longer for you to get settled in for your relaxation time.
- To get settled in, it may help initially to focus on your breathing, feeling the breath slowly entering your body and gently leaving your body. The more relaxed you become, the more your brain pumps out dopamine and endorphins, allowing your body to rest, de-stress, and heal.
RELAX AND ENJOY!
If you are a first-time floater, we recommend that you plan for three float sessions, scheduled approximately one week to one month apart. Although there are many exceptions, generally it can take up to three sessions in our float center to receive the full benefits of floating and get accustomed to the process. We offer many packages to help reduce the cost of multiple float sessions. You can also sign up for our mailing list or like us on Facebook to receive float customer specials.
WHAT TO EXPECT
AT YOUR FIRST VISIT
1. Arrive and check in
You don’t need to bring anything but yourself.
We’ll cover the basics and answer all your questions.
Rinse your day off thoroughly.
Put in the provided ear plugs before the float, if you so choose.
5. Step into our lounge pool
Let your mind and body unwind.
6. At the end of your float
Gentle music will ease you from your session.
7. Turn on the lights
and step out when you’re ready.
8. Shower off again
Rinse and reveal softer, silkier skin and hair.
9. Enjoy your day
Feel relaxed and calm in body and mind.