Radiance Day Spa: Facial FAQ
Join the Radiance Facial “Be Well” Club for complimentary Facials!
Please remember that your home care regimen will help to prolong, preserve, and maintain the benefits of any facial treatment. A healthy and balanced lifestyle will also enhance your beauty.
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions to help make your facial or back facial experience at Radiance Day Spa the best it can be and one you will always remember!
What should I expect at my facial?
Our trained estheticians analyze your skin to design a program customized for you. Botanicals, plant extracts, aromatherapy oils, fruit acids, and enzymes combined with the latest in modern technology, repair your skin and make it look radiant and healthy.
What happens during my facial?
The facial itself will begin with a skin evaluation to determine the right products for your skin type. Your skin will be deeply cleansed and exfoliated, and your blemishes will be extracted and nourished. A masque application using natural products will leave your skin refreshed, rejuvenated, and glowing. You’ll also be treated to luxurious hand and foot hydration, as well as a facial massage to complement your facial treatment.
(Petite Facial is modified due to time limitations)
When should I arrive?
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment start time. This will allow you to relax with a warm foot bath in our beautiful, serene environment before your facial begins. This will also allow for time to fill out a facial form if one is needed. Your esthetician will then greet you and review your Facial Form with you in detail. Together, you will discuss the reason(s) you came in for a facial.
What do I need to do before my facial appointment?
Preparing for a facial is quite easy. In the few days prior to your facial experience, you should avoid exfoliating. This will prevent your skin from becoming too thin and sensitive.
Can I wear make-up to my facial?
There is no need put on makeup before coming to the spa. There is also no need to remove any makeup or creams before entering the treatment room, as cleansing is part of your service. However you decide to show up is good with us.
Will I be instructed on a home product regimen needed to maintain the benefits of my facial?
We recognize the importance of proper daily nutrients needed for the maintenance of healthy skin. After analyzing your specific skin type and specific conditions, our trained estheticians will give you a home skin care guide so you can determine which products to choose in order to create a daily ritual for healthy skin.
What do I need to know before coming in for a Green Tea Acid, Glycolic, or Enzyme Peel?
- Avoid using clay masks, scrubs, or exfoliating agents for at least 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Do not use Retin-A® or any similar vitamin A compound for at least 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Do not use self-tanning agents 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Delay the peel if you have a breakout of cold sores, fever blisters, or herpes anywhere on your face prior to treatment, or if your skin has been sunburned.
- Avoid facial waxing for 48 hours prior to treatment.
- These treatments cannot be done if you are taking Accutane.
What do I need to know after getting a Green Tea Acid, Glycolic, or Enzyme Peel?
- Generally, makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
- Avoid swimming pools, steam rooms, or excessive exercise for a day or two after each procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. A sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher should be used daily, especially after treatment.
- Wait one or two days after each treatment before resuming the use of scrubs.
- Wait one or two days after your peel before using products with active ingredients such as glycolic or fruit acid, retinol, or vitamin A.
- For one to three days after each treatment, it is not uncommon for you to experience temporary skin dehydration. You will most likely need to use a heavier moisturizer, or hydrate more often than you normally do.
- Facial hair should not be waxed for at least 48 hours after you receive a peel treatment.
- Radiance Day Spa wants your facial treatment to be a totally enjoyable experience. If you have any further questions, please contact any of our front desk concierge members. It will be our pleasure to answer any questions you may have about our natural facials.